Same day CEREC Dental Restorations in Sacramento
A crown is a cap used to restore a chipped or broken tooth. Patients in the Sacramento area have discovered same day crowns with Sacramento Natural Dentistry. Dental technology has advanced, giving patients high quality options to restore teeth. The benefits of same day CEREC crowns are obvious, as they are used to enhance the smile quickly, safely, and effectively.
What is CEREC?
CEREC was originally developed at the University of Zurich in 1980 and successfully used for dental restorations on patients in 1985. Using CAD/CAM technology, dentists are now able to create a crown in a single office visit. No longer are traditional impressions needed. This technology allows the dentist to take digital impressions of the teeth. The impressions are used to design the crown, which is then fabricated using an in-office CEREC milling machine. The newly made restoration can be bonded to the tooth at the same visit.
The CEREC difference
The major advantage to the use of CEREC restorations is that the entire process is performed in just one appointment. This saves patients time and money. At Sacramento Natural Dentistry, we understand how precious your time is. In today’s busy world, the convenience of having a chipped, broken, or decayed tooth repaired in an efficient manner is important. Additional benefits of CEREC crowns include the following:
- Advanced technology – Using CAD technology allows for the use of digital impressions rather than traditional impressions.
- Comfort – No temporary restorations are needed. Patients are spared worries over sensitivity, bite problems, or loosening of a temporary crown while waiting for the final restoration.
- Cost effective – The restoration is created in the office, saving patients the time and money of using an outside laboratory. There is no need to visit the office multiple times or lose hours at work. The crown is completed and cemented in a single appointment.
- High quality – CEREC crowns are durable, safe, and natural-looking. They bond easily and blend with your teeth restoring form and function to your mouth.
- Conservative – Depending upon the patient’s need, more of the natural tooth can be preserved with conservative CEREC restorations.