Sacramento, CA dentist restores dental implants at reasonable cost
Dental implants are a popular, cost-effective method for long-term replacement of missing teeth. However, planning and surgical placement of an implant is only the first step. To restore the appearance of your smile and chewing function of your mouth, the implant must be finished with a crown. Dr. Darryl Azouz brings experience, compassion, and healthy biological techniques to patients in the Sacramento, CA area.
What is a crown?
A dental crown is a tooth-shaped cap. In a traditional context, it is designed to fit over a prepared natural tooth, usually one that has suffered trauma or decay, or had root canal therapy. In this case, the crown provides strength and protects the tooth from further damage.
As a dental implant restoration, the crown serves as an artificial tooth. Dr. Azouz uses non-metal, biocompatible materials for crowns that look beautifully natural and do not disrupt the healthy structure of the mouth.
Once your dental implant is placed, the small soft tissue incision heals quickly. Over the span of several months, jawbone fuses solidly with the implant. When osseointegration is complete, it is time for a crown.
- Impressions are taken of your mouth.
- Dr. Azouz uses these molds to design a crown that blends into natural dentition in the arch.
- The crown is fabricated at an offsite lab. When it is completed, you return to the office for placement.
- The treatment site is numbed to ensure your comfort.
- The doctor makes a tiny opening in gum tissue to access the implant.
- A post or abutment is placed into the implant. (If the implant is a one-piece zirconia unit, this step is not necessary.)
- The crown is cemented into place.
With good oral hygiene and regular checkups at Sacramento Natural Dentistry in Citrus Heights, restored dental implants have an indefinite lifespan.
Call (916) 823-8585 to schedule an appointment.
Back to Crowns and Bridges Page