Fixing Damaged Teeth Using Invisalign®
Cosmetic dentistry nowadays is a significant breakout in dental surgery and dental practice with the various options it provides in the correction of misaligned teeth.
One of such procedures done is the Invisalign® or provision of Invisalign dental care in general.
To fix your damaged tooth and strengthen it to make you more comfortable with a confident mien and brighter smile, Invisalign, a dental cosmetic device, is the answer.
The Invisalign treatment process assures you of quality Invisalign placements amongst other cosmetic procedures. You can visit one of our Invisalign dental offices in Sacramento, CA, to book a consultation with our Board-Certified Orthodontists.
Can You Get Invisalign If You Have A Missing Tooth?
Invisalign provides orthodontic treatment for people who suffer from mild to moderate teeth misalignment. It is also helpful for patients who have overbite, crossbite, or underbite problems. Invisalign is used to the getting of a more beautiful smile. As said earlier, visit our office so you can talk to a dentist in Sacramento.
Invisalign Procedures: Step By Step.
The first thing is booking an appointment or a consultation with a cosmetic dentist to allow for an assessment of your smiles and for your examining dentist to make an informed decision if such patients are appropriate candidates for the procedure.
Then, if the patient meets the criteria, the dentist completes a series of 3D digital impressions used to create images sent to the Invisalign laboratories, to generate a precision set of trays that will guide the patients through the smile-enhancing process.
The first tray is placed over the patient’s natural teeth and worn for two weeks before the next tray is inserted. At the end of the tray series, the patient’s smile would have improved and become more beautiful.
There are four treatment options for Invisalign:
- Invisalign Full: Used to treat complex cases of malocclusion.
- Invisalign Express 10: Meant for milder cases of malocclusion and includes up to 10 aligners.
- Invisalign Express 5: Similar to Invisalign Express 10, but the patient only gets five aligner trays.
- Invisalign Teen: These come with a convenient compliance indicator so parents can monitor to see their teen is wearing them correctly.
What Are The Benefits Of Invisalign Placements?
- Invisalign braces are more discreet and are comparable in cost with traditional braces. It provides a precise and noncomplicated treatment as digital imaging is used to create the trays.
- Also, Invisalign allows patients to have an improved smile and not hide behind metal appliances, as seen in traditional braces.
- The Invisalign trays are removable; hence patients can wash and floss easily to maintain their oral health adequately.
- It is a good alternative for teenagers or adults who can easily understand the advantage of treatment compliance and adhere wholesomely to their dentist’s advice.
- It uses remarkable trays to strengthen the teeth instead of brackets glued to them and corrected with wires.
The treatment could be more expensive and incur recurring costs for patients who do not adhere to treatment practices.
- The trays are susceptible to staining easily and cause the bearer to brush the teeth multiple times daily.
- The trays can get lost or broken, leading to more money and time spent on treatment.
- It can also cause mouth discomfort and achiness.
- Some users have reported a loss of weight.
What Should You Know After An Invisalign Procedure Is Completed?
Visits to the dental office post-procedure are usually routine, and it’s so the dentist can evaluate progress and also ensure that the treatment works and is working as expected as unlike in traditional braces where patients will need to have their wires tightened.