Same day CEREC® Crowns in Sacramento, CA
You have a broken tooth, but you don’t have time for multiple dental appointments over several days or weeks. What can you do? If you are in or near Citrus Heights, CA the answer is simple. Just visit Dr. Azouz at Sacramento Natural Dentistry, where you can get a dental crown in a day. We use CEREC technology, which allows us to design and create high-quality, biocompatible dental crowns right here in our office.
What is a dental crown?
A dental crown is a type of restoration that fits over a tooth like a cap. It covers all exposed surfaces of the tooth, effectively restoring aesthetics and functionality. Dr. Azouz uses high-strength porcelain crowns, which are both attractive and biocompatible. Common uses of dental crowns include:
- Repairing cracked or broken teeth
- Restoring teeth with decayed areas too large for fillings
- Replacing old dental work
- Protecting teeth after root canal treatment
- Correcting misshapen teeth
How advanced technology revolutionized the dental crown process
If you’ve ever gotten a dental crown in the past, you probably know that the procedure usually takes time. First the dentist prepares your tooth, takes impressions, and puts a temporary crown in place. Then an outside dental lab makes the permanent crown, which can take from a few days to a couple of weeks. Finally, you return to the office for the temporary to be removed, and replaced with your permanent crown. Like many things in modern life, technology has streamlined and improved the entire dental crown process. CEREC is a state-of-the-art CAD/CAM (computer-aided design and computer-aided manufacturing) system. Digital imaging replaces the old-style impressions. The image is instantly transferred to our computer, where Dr. Azouz uses specialized software to design your new crown. This design is then sent to the milling machine, which carves the restoration from a solid block of quality dental porcelain with digital precision.
High tech, high speed, high quality – the benefits of CEREC
Why choose CEREC?
- Save time with same day dentistry
- You won’t have to wear an uncomfortable temporary crown
- CEREC materials are beautiful, strong, and holistic
- Color matching ensures a natural-looking result
- CEREC can be used for other types of porcelain restorations, such as inlays and onlays